A lot of new features and bug fixes in new version.
- Added separation for Community / Lite / Premium Editions. Now free version of Web Optimizer becomes Community Edition and it's prohibited to be used on commercial websites. For this purpose you can also buy Web Optimizer Lite Edition (data:URI + performance included, $19.99). Version comparison.
- Added option to move all scripts (w/o merging) to
</body>. If you choose to move all scripts to
- Added option 'Uniform cache files for all browsers'. In some cases (i.e. if you use different from Web Optimizer caching engine) it's incorrect to differ HTML code through browsers (yes, this disables data:URI group of options but allows you to cache any page for any browser only once).
- Added option 'Cache external files'. Now light PHP proxy can be applied to external files too. They can be downloaded, gzipped, and cached — to improve your own website load speed.
- Added option 'Enable chained optimization'. There are a few issues with chained optimization algorithm (due to buggy server side environments or mix of rights). So it can be disabled to prevent any Web Optimizer tries to pre-optimize your pages. With this option disabled all website pages will be optimized by first visit only.
- Added events onBeforeOptimization, onAfterOptimization, onCache to plugins API. These events can be used for standalone version to add any dynamic code to PHP, apply any internal logic, or add any dynamic pieces to cached HTML documents.
- Improved behavior (content skipping). For content different from (X)HTML and for Ajax requests it's very tricky to append and optimization techniques (in most of cases such content has been already optimized, so it's just skipped).
- Improved general logic in case of
</body>absence. Sometimes HTML document has no
</body>tag (yes, that's true). So we need to apply all logic in such cases too.
- Improved multiple hosts behavior (especially for dynamic images).
- Improved unobtrusive logic (minor fixes, added counters).
- Improved Apache modules detection on CGI environments (especially
- Fixed several tiny bugs in files fetching (after dozens of unit tests integrated).
- VaM Shop and Gekklog added to supported systems.