Here we are with the latest version of wonderful performance optimization package:
- Added separated CSS resource file loading on
DOMreadyevent. This will force browser to render content while it is loading background images (in resource file).
- Added .htaccess functionality detection on CGI systems. Blog post about tricky Apache modules shows how complicated can be a simple task to detect server side features support. Now this is detected wherever possible.
- Added gzip and cache for fonts. After Steve's post about @font-face we added complete coverage for fonts files.
- Added support for gzip in static assets proxy library. Now it can be used as the "Furios Web Optimizer" - just add Cache / Gzip headers 'on fly' as fast as possible (no minify, static gzip support). There still is a place for improvement - i.e. add PHP Cache subsystems usage.
- Added 'cache version' option to skip cache files' mtime check. More about this option here.
- Added 'quick check' option to skip complete parsing of external files. More about this option here.
- Added 'skip RegExp' option to allow standard-complaint website be faster. More about this option here.
- Added textarea to set any CSS code over compressed files. Can help to rewrite some 'broken' styles quickly.
- Spot in title (lang="wo") made optional (in full version only). A number of people have been concerned about this spot and SEO influence. Actually there is no correlation, but now it can be made optional.
- Improved multiple hosts behavior in a few cases.
- Improved 'Separate CSS files' behavior (data:URI group of settings).
- And a few minor fixes.
You can always download the latest version of Web Optimizer from its download page.