We are here with the new build of Web Optimizer application. Main changes:
- Added optional
mhtmlsupport. This will eliminate necessity of IE7- CSS hacks in case of
data:URIand provide the optimization behaviour for these browsers.
- Added mhtml size restriction and mhtml exclude files list. The same as for
data:URIbecause files' sets and size limitations can be different for both techniques.
- Added option to separate CSS files (to CSS rules and base64-encoded background images). Since CSS files can be loaded in parallel (in the most of browsers) we can split all rules. In the future it is possible to load CSS file with background images on
onDOMloadedevent that will provide the fastest 'first view' of any web page.
- Added possibility to parse
- Added static images proxy for CSS images. Only if CSS Sprites, or
mhtmltechniques are used (because full CSS tree is parsed via CSS Tidy).
- Released module for Drupal 6.x. Now Drupal users can apply all Web Optimizer techniques through their administrative interface.
- Improved compatibility with disabled
curllibrary. Now Web Optimizer degrades gracefully if there is no
curllibrary extension enabled on the server (just pass external or dynamic files).
- Improved relative directories calculation. This leads to complete independence of Web Optimizer installation from the website root folder, document root folder (for the given host) and other environment-related features. Also this improves Joomla / Wordpress plugins behavior for websites in relative folders.
- Improved unobtrusive logic. Added calculation of height of advertisement blocks for AdWords, added several counters and improved performance of content parsing.
- And a lot of minor perofmance and logic improvements.
You can download the latest Web Optimizer here.